Please be aware that due to the current Coronavirus Covid-19 situation we are trying to accomodate online methods to deliver training. Where this is not suitable, we have postponed our training into Autumn 2020.
Please check back to this page often to see updates, and please follow our facebook page too.
Suicide Training By Emma Chapman
Friday 5th June 2020
ONLINE – via web link / video call.
Get tickets now via Eventbrite
This training is for professionals working in the public. Anybody is at risk of suicidal thoughts.
Tickets coming soon for our training this autumn:
25th September 2020 Making Meetings Work Well
This training is aimed to empower mums to have their voices heard, and practical ways to do this. You will feel more confident in yourself to be able to say what you need to. The skills learned on this course can be transferred to any meeting, either with educational staff, medical meetings, multi-agency meetings.
16th October 2020 Gender and sexuality training.
Delivered by Louise Brown from Curiosity Spot.
BUSINESS TRAINING PACKAGES
Motherwell Cheshire has a team of mental health specialists with experience of training and teaching, our tutors are:
Kate Blakemore – Motherwell CEO (Diploma in Counselling, Diploma in specialist IVF counselling, BA(Hons) Business, Award in Education)
Ginette Hollinshead – Motherwell’s Young People Lead (Diploma in Counselling)
Debbie Sharrad – Motherwell’s Wellbeing Co-ordinator (Degree in Teaching)
Wendy McCandless – Motherwell’s Believe Project support worker
We offer informative, interactive training to empower managers and their teams to help support the mental health and wellbeing of their staff and themselves.
Our training sessions include:
The 5 ways to wellbeing are:
- Keep Learning
- Be Active
- Take Notice
This learning focuses on:
- The 5 ways to wellbeing and how they can be implemented within the workplace and personal lives.
- Producing individual wellbeing plans
- Understand how each point supports positive mental health
At the end of this session you will:
- Have your own wellbeing action plan
- Understand your own trigger points
- Plan of what could be implemented in your workplace to support mental health
This training focuses on:
- How to look after staff teams
- How to offer ourselves self care
- Creating a work culture where everyone takes responsibility for their own positive mental health
- Recognising the signs of anxiety and depression
At the end of the session you will:
- Have the knowledge of how important self care is
- Leave with own self care plans
- Understand your own triggers for stress/ anxiety
This training focuses on:
- How to use basic listening skills to build rapport and trust
- The importance of promoting wellbeing and health
- Understanding signs and symptoms of key mental health conditions (anxiety, stress, depression)
- Who is available to signpost to
At the end of the training you will :
- Have increased listening skills to support your team
- Recognise signs of stress, anxiety and depression within your team
- Know how to respond appropriately to mental health issues presented by team members
- Understand local and national organisations that are available to offer support
We also offer a range of two hour awareness sessions, these are charged at £180 per 2 hours (plus possible travel costs).
The awareness sessions include:
- Supporting and understanding infant loss
- Supporting and understanding the menopause
- How to support mums returning to work after maternity
- Supporting and understanding grief
Wellbeing workshops are available for employers to offer as part of an ongoing wellbeing programme. These can include:
- Managing sleep
- Relaxation and resting
- Managing anxiety
All of the above are 2 hours and charged at £180 per session (plus possible travel costs)
Price and Commitments
Half day training £350
Full day training £600
This includes all handouts, access to the resources online and follow up if required.
We are particularly interested in supporting all organisations to embed positive mental health and wellbeing in all aspects of the workplace.