Community Groups & Events
Providing support to the local community through our wellbeing workshops, groups, events and visiting agencies.
The groups are a place to meet new people and to share worries, anxieties and most of all our achievements. They are fully inclusive.
We provide a different topic or support for you to be involved in, free interactive groups. Our wellbeing coordinator Debbie is here for any questions you may have
These groups are here to bring the community together, to help combat isolation and create friendships.
They take place either in our Crewe Hub: 54-64 Beech Drive, Wistaston, Crewe CW2 8RG
Winsford Hub: Edna’s Launderette, New Images Youth & Community Centre. Nixon Drive, Winsford CW7 2HG
If you have any questions please contact Debbie on text: 07496160939 or email: email@example.com
Cheshire East Wellbeing Calendar
Cheshire West Wellbeing Calendar
We pride ourselves with working with agencies we trust who can offer benefits to the women we support in our local community.
The Dove Service: offers counselling, training and support to those struggling with the impact of grief through bereavement, significant loss, or life changing/limiting illness.
PCSO surgery: An opportunity to speak to your local PCSO about any concerns you have within your community.
Crewe Councillors surgery: An opportunity to speak to your locally elected councillors about any concerns you have within your community.
Hope 4 More: Supporting children struggling to attend school due to anxiety through art projects & counselling
Axess Sexual Health Drop in: Services available include STI testing, pregnancy testing, hormonal contraception, distribution of free condoms, and expert advice and guidance on sexual health matters. There is no need for appointments; anyone from the community is welcome to attend these sessions and access the services.
Every month we either host or promote a variety of community groups (see our Cheshire East and West Planners for dates, times and venues). Each is fully inclusive and FREE to attend. We just ask for a small donation to cover refreshments:
- Crochet group (Every Tues 10-12)
- The Snug (Mon 12.30-2.30, every 2 weeks) A chance to meet new people, try different activities and learn new skills. You can also access the WIFI, photocopying and seek advice from staff, all in a warm inviting and fully inclusive atmosphere.
- This Girl Can (Winsford and Northwich Brio Leisure) Looking to start exercising but not sure where to begin? This Girl Can Classes provide a welcoming beginner’s programme where going wrong is totally alright. If you’ve got two left feet or have never done a press up in your life, then these are for you.
- Let’s Talk (Winsford) :everyone is welcome to drop-in at the Very Green Grocery, Winsford, for face to face advice about wellbeing support that is available in the local area, as well as for practical advice and guidance.
- Bee at One Meditation sessions (Second Mon of every month)
- Technicolour Women: A Social group for Lesbian and Bi Women in Crewe, safe and relaxed with free refreshments. Groups are designed to make building new friendships easier. If you have something you want to speak to a worker about our staff and volunteers are on hand to help.
- Womankind – friendly relaxed group to support women with mental health issues, coffee and chat, crafts available. held upstairs in Winsford Library every Wednesday 11am to 1pm, Contact Jane – Mobile 07794079626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Crewe Shedders: A group to help men and women from the age of 45 & older to help them have a purpose in life, with woodwork as the backdrop. Held at: Unit 16 Brierley Business Centre, Mirion Street, Crewe, CW1 2AZ. Contact: 01270 748645 OR email@example.com
- Multiply Budgeting Group: Fun, free and informal sessions for anyone aged 19+ (no upper age) delivered in small groups. Overall aim is to support adults to build confidence with budgeting and numbers in everyday life, providing ideas and strategies to help money go further in a world of rising costs. Sessions include – Creating a household budget, Cooking on a budget, Energy Advice, Saving for a Rainy day & Days out on budget, improving your credit score and much more. Participants can be employed or unemployed, only qualifying criteria is that they are over 19 and do not hold a GCSE level C or above in maths. Participants can complete any number of sessions and can pick and choose what they want to do. The sessions are very informal and are delivered in the style of a coffee morning.
If you have any questions please contact Debbie on text: 07496160939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with Brio Leisure and Everybody leisure we are hosting a Women’s Health drop in every Wednesday at the following venues:
- Winsford Lifestyle Centre, 9.30-11.30, first Wed of the month
- Nantwich Library, 9.30-11.30, second Wed of the month
- Crewe Lifestyle Centre, 10-12, third Wed of the month
- Northwich Memorial Court, 10-12, fourth Wed of the month
Where we work collaboratively with the following visiting agencies:
- Body Positive
- Health Watch
- Children’s Centres: Cheshire East AND Cheshire West
- Social Prescribers
- YMCA (Crewe)
- CAB Energy Cheshire
- Carers Trust (Cheshire & Warrington)
- The Wise Group – Energy advice
Feb is NATIONAL HEART MONTH
March is OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
We will be providing useful hints and tips and signposting you to any agencies to support you.
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORING is available at EVERY dropin!
STARTING IN JANUARY, FEBRUARY & MARCH 2024…
**For dates and venues please see planners above.
In partnership with Cheshire College South & West (CCSW), we are hosting the following course at 62 Beech Drive, Wistaston, Crewe CW2 8RG.
Understanding Domestic Abuse L2
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Domestic Abuse, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units over 4 weeks
- Understand domestic abuse
- Understand the signs and risk factors associated with domestic abuse
- Understand the impact of domestic abuse
- Understand policy, response and intervention in relation to domestic abuse
In partnership with 3D Training, we are hosting the following course at New Images Youth and Community Centre, Nixon Drive, Winsford
Mental health – Level 2
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Mental health, learners are required to successfully complete 7 mandatory units over 7 weeks
This course is for anyone who is wishing to develop overall awareness of mental health as well as learning to manage and improve personal wellbeing, motivation and coping strategies.
In partnership with 3D Training, we are also hosting the following course at 62 Beech Drive, Wistaston, Crewe CW2 8RG.
Equality and Diversity – Level 2
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units over 6 weeks.
This course explores the vital issues surrounding equality and diversity in society, community and the workplace. Covering how stereotyping and labelling can affect individuals, the effects of prejudice and discrimination and the importance of taking responsibility to take action and support others.
You may wish to progress towards further qualifications or to complement other programmes.
To apply for any of these courses please email:
with your full name, phone number and email.
PLEASE NOTE: you must be 19+ to attend