Women's Health & Mental Wellbeing
Every woman deserves to thrive. That means handling stress, getting good women’s health care, and nurturing yourself.
Self-care is the practice of consciously doing things that preserve or improve your mental or physical health
These days, when people talk about self-care they are generally talking about the conscious and deliberate choice to do something that looks after you and your wellbeing.
This covers the mental and the physical, and a regime of self-care should improve the way you feel in body and mind.
How to improve your health and mental wellbeing
We can look after our physical and mental health using the 5 WAYS TO WELLBEING:
- Communicate/connect with others
- Learn a new skill or hobby
- Be active, walking, playing sport
- Take notice of your surroundings, people – be in the moment!
- Give back to others in your community, family, friends
What are the benefits?
- Improved physical health
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Boost your self esteem
- Protects your mental health
- Lead to better relationships