We are pleased to have announced ‘Change begins with each of us’ for the charity’s sustainability pledge.
The pledge demonstrates the work being undertaken by our environmentally conscious charity to reduce waste and to promote a “Pass It On” culture within our local community.
Nadine Walker, Community Share Hub Co-ordinator said of the initiative: “According to RecycleNow.com, over 336,000 tonnes of unwanted clothing is thrown away every year. At Motherwell Cheshire we want play our part in reducing this figure whilst also supporting families in our local community and we very much welcome donations of outgrown school uniforms, unwanted coats, football boots and children’s fancy dress clothes.”
We based in the heart of the community and were set up to support families in Cheshire. Over the years the Charity as well as our Motherwell Community Share Hub have grown and touched the lives of more people living and working in the area. The Charity has developed our sustainability pledge to recognise the importance that the environment has on the wellbeing of all in the community.
The sustainability pledge will deliver on our nine measurable commitments across our three spheres, as an employer, as a service provider and as a community member, and our roles with these.
Our nine commitments are:
- Support staff to with 5 initiatives to encourage active lifestyles
- Support local organisations through FlourisHER
- Reduce waste when working in the office
- Use sustainable products when delivering services
- Promote sustainable wellbeing practices
- Reduce emissions from running our services
- Use local suppliers to support local businesses and reduce miles
- Raise funds to reduce period poverty in our community
- Promote the ‘Pass It On’ culture to our community.
Over the next few weeks we will be revealing our next steps and how you can join in to help create a greener, cleaner and sustainable future.