Motherwell Cheshire CIO, is a local charity based in Crewe and Winsford, who provides a service for women and girls by women, promoting positive health and wellbeing, by offering a range of educational services, holistic therapies and mental health support.
No two motherhood journeys are the same. That’s why Motherwell are proud to support each and every mum on their own unique motherhood path. Their range of services, from counselling and mentoring, to peer support groups and workshops, empower mum’s emotional health and wellbeing. From mums-to-be and new mums, to mums and grandmothers with children who are fully grown; everyone is welcome at Motherwell.
Their week usually comprises of group sessions across Cheshire including walking groups, drop-in sessions, wellbeing days and 1:2:1 counselling. However, during these unprecedented times these activities have had to stop leaving a lot of women self-isolating but continuing to struggle with their mental health.
Motherwell Cheshire have adapted their services during the Covid-19 pandemic so that they are able to continue to fulfil their objectives.
Kate Blakemore, CEO of Motherwell Cheshire explains: “The women that we support face-to-face on a day-to-day basic still very much need our support. We have therefore put in place a number of special measures to ensure that Motherwell Cheshire is still accessible for our clients.
We are keeping everyone up to date through our social media channels and activities are constantly being developed to meet the needs of the women in Cheshire. “
Support that is currently in place includes:
- Weekly videos on the Motherwell Cheshire YouTube Channel discussing different coping strategies
- Online meditation and breathing sessions
- Online creative writing group
- Online Motherwell Cheshire Mental Health & Self Care Support Group with live sessions on mental wellbeing
- Online get togethers, the first being for Gathered Voices Women’s Choir
- Online fitness sessions in partnership with Fabbfitness Cheshire
- Free access to the Motherwell membership area of the Motherwell Cheshire website which offers an abundance of support to help people through these tough times
Kate added: “It’s vital that we look after ourselves and we don’t put ourselves under pressure. This isn’t about you being selfish, this is your coping strategy and we are here to help you through.
“We have also put a support line in place since it is so important for us to stay connected and to keep the conversation going. If you are a woman in Cheshire that needs a chat please do get in touch. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07496 160930 to arrange a call.
“Please follow our social media channels to be notified when activities are due to take place and what new sessions are being introduced. Remember, we are here to help you and together we can get through this.”